Earlier this month, we announced the launch of the High Times Cannabis Cup People’s Edition in Michigan, and now we’re promoting the return of our very own People’s Choice Awards on the West Coast. Welcome to the High Times Cannabis Cup SoCal: People’s Choice Edition 2023. This is a recreational-only competition that celebrates some of the best cannabis products in the region.
The SoCal Cannabis Cup was first introduced in 2015 and flourished as an in-person event from 2015-2019. In 2015, varieties such as Flower Bomb Kush, True OG and Amnesia Haze were popular, while categories such as ‘Best Booth’ and ‘Best Glass’ were still popular. The pandemic may have canceled in-person events, but People’s Choice has taken the country by storm in 2020 (winners announced in his 2021) and in 2022 he’ll host the People’s Choice competition in SoCal . Biscotti, Gelonade, Lemon Sponge Cake, etc. He won first place among a selection of various pre-rolls, edibles and more. The 2022 SoCal: People’s Choice Edition is one of the biggest cups ever, with winners including Top Shelf Cultivation’s Whoa Si Whoa, Sense’s Pink Certz Flower, Wizard Trees’ Studio 54 and Team Elite Genetics’ Pearadise Flower had. The strain that won our jury.
Fast forward to this year’s High Times Cannabis Cup SoCal: People’s Choice Edition 2023, We also hope that you will be able to experience our exciting product collection again. With that in mind, here’s this year’s schedule: Moxie Lynnwood Facility from May 8 to 10. After that, our Official Intake Her partner, Moxie, will create Judge her kit and transport it to all participating High Times. with heart Retail company. On May 20th, the Judge Kit will be officially released! From May 21st to July 10th, jurors will test the products and offer their opinions on product differentiators such as aesthetics, smell/aroma, taste/flavour, effect/efficacy.
According to Mark Kaz, Director of Competitions at High Times, 2021 was a record-breaking year for attendance. “There were 21 cups, 339 brands, and 1,389 entries, all of which were judged by about 15,000 judges, with 249 winners selected as the best product in the state,” he said. says Mr. “Our industry is going through a severe recession, restrictive regulation and many other hardships, but one thing is certain: people want to know who has the best weed. We’re here to help.”
For companies wishing to submit products to this year’s competition, please refer to the rules below.
- Indica Flower (max 2 entries per company)
- Sativa Flower (up to 2 times per company)
- Hybrid flowers (up to 2 per company)
- Pre-roll (max 2 entries per company)
- Infused Pre-Roll (maximum 1 entry per company)
- Solvent concentrates (maximum 2 entries per company)
- Non-solvent concentrates (maximum 2 entries per company)
- Vape Pens & Cartridges (max 2 entries per company)
- Edibles: Gummies & Fruit Chews (maximum 3 entries per company)
- Edibles: Chocolate & Non-Gummy (max 3 entries per company)
- Edible: Drinks (up to 2 times per company)
- Sublingual, capsule, tincture + topical (maximum 3 entries per company)
- Flower: (228) 1 gram sample. 3.5 gram entries will not be accepted.
- Pre-rolls & Infused Pre-rolls: (228) Samples: Pre-rolls are limited to 2g flowers each. Infused pre-rolls are limited to 3g flower equivalent or 1g concentrate equivalent respectively.
- Concentrate and vape pen: (228) 0.5 gram sample. Entries in units of 1 gram will not be accepted. Battery required for cart.
- Edible: (100) samples, up to 100mg THC.
- Beverages: Must be a maximum of 16 fl oz. Non-glass containers are preferred.
- Sublingual, Capsule, Tincture + Topical: (60) Samples, up to 500mg THC
Regarding submission prices, competitors should be aware of entry fees depending on the number of products submitted. 1 entry is $250 and 2 entries are $100 per entry (both non-refundable), however submission of 3 or more entries is a $100 refundable deposit for each pending entry and all entries will be refunded when the is successfully submitted. Finally, if you would like to sponsor this year’s High Times Cannabis Cup SoCal: People’s Choice Edition 2023, all entry fees are waived. We also offer multiple levels of sponsorship, including General, Bronze, Silver and Presenting Sponsorships.
Here are the details for this year’s event. High Times Cannabis Cup A website that shows all the details.
Special thanks to:
moxie – Official intake partner
with heart – Official retail partner
High Times Dispensaries – Official Retail Partner