From the closure of vape pen factories in China, to a string of canceled cannabis events, to a general fear of sharing and getting close for friendly conversation, the answer is yes.
Just when I thought it was safe to pick up a vape pen, coronavirus struck. Unfortunately, almost all vaping devices and cartridges are made in China and then shipped to the US for filling.
as has been widely practiced report, the rapid spread of the coronavirus, also known as Covid-19, has prompted the Chinese government to impose a strict quarantine across the country. In some areas, factories that make vape pens have closed and workers are quarantined at home.
The cannabis industry has often boasted, not surprisingly, that evidence of recessionNo one expected the panic that nearly ruined the e-cigarette industry when the 2019 crisis hit, to the point that consumers continue to buy and use weed under most circumstances, much like tobacco and alcohol. I didn’t.
As of February 18, 2020, a total of 2,807 e-cigarettes and e-cigarette-related lung injuries (aka EVALI) Cases or deaths reported All 50 states, Washington DC, Puerto Rico, and the U.S. Virgin Islands are sent to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC).
with governors across the country think of unconscious isolation Seattle, Washington, and Create a containment area in New Rochelle outside New York – With the help of the National Guard – Staying at home and smoking marijuana the old-fashioned way seems like an alluring pastime.
Many cannabis companies have released statements on social media about coronavirus concerns, encouraging their followers to make safer ways to consume cannabis.
Cannabis events canceled due to coronavirus
Even before the World Health Organization (WHO) officially declared The coronavirus pandemic, cannabis-related meetings and gatherings had already started canceling or postponing events.
At first Canceled on March 6thwas the famous SXSW.
While not strictly a cannabis event, the 33-year-old tech, music and film festival has turned its attention to cannabis more and more in recent years. One of his so-called convergence tracks at the festival now includes a sort of cannabis conference. Over 100,000 people were expected to interact with dozens of cannabis speakers, experts, entrepreneurs and OGs at the conference.
Unfortunately, large gatherings will have to wait, but we can have a good time in our own cannabis containment circles!
Meanwhile, CelebStoner has kindly put together an update. list Number of cannabis event cancellations, starting with one of the best events, Spannabis:
- March 13-15 – spannabisBarcelona, Spain
- March 13-22 – SXSWAustin, Texas
- March 18 – California Cannabis Industry Association Policy ConferenceSacramento, California
- March 20-22 – Ultra Music FestivalMiami, Florida
- March 20-22 – NekanBoston, Massachusetts
- March 22-24 – oklahoma cannabis expoOklahoma City, OK
- March 25-28 – National Cannabis Unity ConferenceWashington D.C.
- March 26-28 – NOCO Hemp Expo, Denver. CO
- March 30-31 – KannatechTel Aviv, Israel
- April 1-2 – Flower Hall of FameCathedral City, CA
- April 1-3 – International Cannabis Business ConferenceBerlin, Germany
- April 10-12, 17-19 – CoachellaIndio, California
- April 14-15 – AHPA Hemp-CBD Supplement ConferencePortland, Oregon
handy little website https://www.isitcancelledyet.com Created to list all events known to have been canceled due to coronavirus concerns.
Stay safe and wash your hands everyone!